- Pediatric Cardiology
Board Certified Pediatric Cardiologist in Northern Virginia & Maryland
Dr. Mehta is a Pediatric Cardiologist based in Northern Virginia. He earned his medical degree from one of the most elite institutions in India, Grant Medical College. He worked at the National Cancer Center in Singapore before pursuing his career in Pediatrics. He completed his residency from SUNY Health Sciences Center at Brooklyn, NY and also held the privileged position of a Chief Resident. He loves to teach and has received the Jay H. Fischer Award for Excellence in Pediatric Education. His passion for cardiology brought him to Miami where he completed his fellowship from Nicklaus Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Mehta’s clinical interest and research interests have been in the areas of congenital heart disease, non-invasive imaging, fetal cardiology and preventive cardiology. He has presented his work in various national and international conferences. His practice consists of a holistic clinical approach towards helping the patients and their families especially with managing epidemics like childhood obesity, hypertension and dyslipidemia. He strongly believes in the wise words – “Never disregard a mother’s concern.”
A native of Mumbai, he loves watching and playing cricket, volleyball and table tennis. He likes being physically active and enjoys hiking, traveling and listening to music. He cherishes every moment he gets to spend with his family.
English, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu, Marathi, Punjabi, Basic Spanish
Are you a patient of Dr. Mehta?
- Pediatric Cardiology
Memberships and Associations
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of American Academy of Pediatrics
- Finalist: Young Investigator Award, American College of Cardiology – Florida Chapter, Orlando FL, 2018
- Madu Rao Award for Pediatric Research, 2015-16
- Jay H. Fisher Award for Excellence in Pediatric Education, 2015-16
- JRD Tata Academic Scholarship
- 1st Prize: Oral Biochemistry Presentation on “Cholesterol”, Grant Medical College, Mumbai, 2005
Yulin Fang, Veeraraghavan Meyyur Aravamudan, Gurusaravanan Kutti Sridharan, Keyur Kamlesh Mehta, Ramkumar Sekhar, S. Nagendra Boopathy Senguttuvan, Indumathi Venkatachalam, Muhammad Bilal Abid – Kawasaki Like Illness Due to COVID-19: A review of the literature. PMID: 34106885 – J. Infect Dev Ctries.
Keyur K. Mehta, MD; Juan Carlos Muniz, MD; Luisa F. Cervantes, MD; Elizabeth Welch, MD – Cerebral Abscess in a Septic Toddler with Left to Right Flow. Annals of Pediatrics: ISSN:2637-9627
Mehta K, MD; Ahmad S, MD; Shah V, MD; Lee H, MD – Post obstruction pulmonary edema after biopsy of nasopharyngeal mass. PMID: 26744691 – Respiratory Medicine Case Reports (2015), pp. 166-168
Mehta Keyur, MD; Welch Elizabeth, MD – An unusual presentation of atrial myxoma.
‣ Pediatric Echo Society of South Florida, Miami, FL 2018
Mehta K, MD; Sasaki N, MD; Downing T, MD; Gruber J, Taylor T, PhD; Muniz JC, MD – Utility of CMR for predicting the suitability of native right ventricular outflow tract dimensions in patients undergoing transcatheter pulmonary valve replacement.
‣ American College of Cardiology – Florida Chapter, YIA Finalist, Orlando, FL 2018
Mehta K, MD; Muniz JC, MD; Sasaki J, MD; Welch E, MD – Cerebral Abscess in a Septic Toddler with an undiagnosed Superior Sinus Venous Defect.
‣ World Congress on Pediatrics, Queens, NY 2018
Mehta Keyur, MD; Elizabeth Welch, MD – A case of ASD, VSD, Ebstein’s anomaly and Double orifice mitral valve.
‣ Pediatric Echo Society of South Florida, Miami, FL 2017
Marguerite Orsi Canter, MD; Thomas Duggan, MD; Hussam Alharash, MD; Keyur K. Mehta, MD; Rao M, MD – Changes in pediatric residents’ perceptions of task role comfort level during patient code scenarios; results of a simulation mock code training program.
‣ Platform presentation – 50th Annual SUNY Downstate Research Day, Brooklyn NY 2016
Mehta K, MD; Mahmoud A, MD – Congenital syphilis in a preterm neonate.
‣ Perinatology Conference; Brooklyn, NY 2014
Mehta K, MD; Akkary W, MD – ABO incompatibility and Double Volume Exchange Transfusion in Preterm Neonate.
‣ Perinatology Conference; Brooklyn, NY 2013
Mehta K, MD; Dhuper S, MD – Pathophysiology and hemodynamic changes in a preterm infant with pulmonary hypertension, chronic lung disease, and partial anomalous pulmonary venous return.
‣ Case Conference, Brooklyn, NY 2013
Keyur K. Mehta, MD; Elizabeth Welch, MD; Leo Lopez, MD; Kristine J. Guleserian, MD; Juan Carlos Muniz, MD – It’s a Wrap! Unusual Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Return.
‣ North American Society of Cardiovascular Imaging, Charleston, SC 2018
Mehta Keyur K, MD; Burke Redmond, MD; Muniz Juan Carlos, MD; Rossi Anthony, MD; Santana-Acosta Darline, MD – Surgical Palliation of Hypoplastic Left Heart Variant with Unilateral Lung Agenesis
‣ Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society, Miami, FL 2016
Keyur K. Mehta, MD; Marguerite Orsi, MD; Thomas Duggan, MD; Hussam Alharash, MD; Henry
Schaeffer, MD – Does implementing teams within the large pediatrics training program improve the academic experience of residents?
‣ 50th Annual SUNY Downstate Research Day, Brooklyn NY 2016
Mehta KK, MD; Hopper RK, MD; Hanna BD, MD – Occurrence of pulmonary hypertension in heterotaxy syndrome: A retrospective observational study.
‣ Pediatric Academic Societies, San Diego, CA 2015
‣ American Society of Echocardiography, Hawaii 2016
Mehta K, MD; Ahmad S, MD; Shah V, MD; Lee H, MD – Post obstruction pulmonary edema after biopsy of the nasopharyngeal mass.
‣ American Thoracic Society, May 2015